As Winter has just graced us, I thought it was the right time to share a simple (and favourite) soup recipe with you all.
Soups are so versatile, you can pretty much chuck in whatever veggies and spices you like but this is what I used.
Spiced Veggie Ginger Soup
1 red onion, diced
1 large knob of ginger
2 garlic cloves
1/4 large pumpkin, cut into 5cm pieces
2 large carrots, same as above
half a sweet potato, same as above
1 zucchini, same as above
1 litre of water (stock, if you wish)
pine nuts/toasted nuts/pepitas
life changing bread (My New Roots)
1. Prepare all the veggies.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add the spices, ginger and garlic and cook off until fragrant.
4. Add the rest of the vegetables and coat, using a wooden spoon to evenly distribute the spices (this will also help caramelise the veggies and add more depth and flavour). Leave on low heat for 3-5 mins.
5. Add enough water to cover all the veggies (approx 1 litre), and bring to the boil.
6. Simmer for roughly 20 minutes or until all the vegetable are falling apart.
7. Use a stick blender to puree the soup until smooth.
8. Serve in bowls with a dollop of cream/yoghurt/coyo and some crunchy nuts, seeds or even herbs!