I’ve never been much of a pancake fan, I’m more of a porridge or egg on toast in the morning kinda gal. However, these might be enough to convert me to a pancake lover. These are my take on a healthy version of pancakes, they are dairy free and can be made gluten free or vegan.
Cinnamon Buckwheat Pancakes
2 tbsp buckwheat groats
1 tbsp gluten free oats (or almond meal if sensitive)
1/4 mashed banana
1 egg white (can substitute for a flax/chia egg)
dash of almond milk/water (or milk of choice)
1/2 tsp of baking powder
Coconut oil – to cook
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
Banana icecream (blended frozen bananas)
Raspberry Puree (frozen raspberries, defrosted and pureed)
Pure mape syrup
Whatever you fancy!
1. Soak the buckwheat groats, oats, milk and banana over night or for one hour and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
2. Add egg, baking powder and any optional flavourings such as cinnamon and vanilla (cacao and maca is another good one) and mix until incorporated.
3. Melt coconut oil in pan
4. Cook on medium heat, making 2 pancakes at a time. Cook on each side for roughly a minute.
5. Transfer to a plate and wrap in aluminium foil to keep warm.
6. Top with whatever topping you desire and devour ASAP!